Saturday 14 January 2012

Earth, Water a Few Kilowatts and Lots of Smoke........

....later, and I am still waiting for the results of my first smoke firing. As I type the kiln is cooling down and I'm  thinking back at what attracted me to try this method of firing.  It must be the seemingly easy method, the ease of obtaining combustibles, (sawdust and also seaweed in this case) and the simplicity of the kiln itself. Secondly it is striving to make an attractive piece without glazing the ceramic.  So what should I expect?  The literature mentions shades of black, grey and brown predominantly.  I just hope that the piece inside will come out intact.  Here s a close up of the ware in the kiln before closing.



 


Some results of my smoked works can be viewed on my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=288199261236033&set=a.251698028219490.66840.242399795815980&type=1&theater

1 comment:

  1. Attention Jeremy Ellul! You can fool Sophy Dare - SensationModern.com! I
    have been cheated.
    I want to warn you of danger. I've seen on the site that you
    http://www.sensationmodern.com also cooperate with Sophy Dare. My name
    is Valery Rybakow. You can see my pictures on the site of the crook.
    I Sophy Dare signed a contract for 1 year. I sent for my money 14 of
    its good pictures. The contract ended in December 2011. For almost a
    month Sophy Dare not answer me not to Skypu not on e-mail. She sold
    one of my summer painting American. And 4 months all promised and
    promised to pay me for this picture. All asked to wait another month
    and another month. In the end, I got no money for my 14 paintings, has
    not received the paintings themselves.
    Now I collect the necessary documents to put Sophy Dare to prison for
    fraud on a large scale. I consulted with a lawyer - Sophy Dare will
    face several years in prison if she does not return the painting to
    the owner or return the money.
    All required original documents, I can give you a proof of his words.

    I decided to warn you of the danger of losing their pictures, as I
    lost them. I hope you all will be well.

    Sincerely artist Valery Rybakow. My website: www.Rybakow.com

    ReplyDelete